The Salesforce Architect exams each come with a resource guide, which includes helpful links for each section of the exam. I have found those incredibly useful in my study. Resource guides don’t currently exist for the standard exams, so I have compiled content into a series of resource guides. This is the Field Service Lightning Consultant resource guide.
The Field Service Lightning Consultant certification focuses on your knowledge of the Field Service Lightning platform, it’s object model, capabilities, and administration of key features. The scope of this exam is small, so study on a select set of materials is all you need. I found that this was one of the easier certifications to get.
Understanding the Tests
As I mentioned in a previous post, understanding the intention and structure of the exams is key to passing. Salesforce provides a study guide for every certification test. In those guides, they provide a breakdown of the different sections and their relative weight. Take note of those while studying.
|Topic||Weighting||# of Questions|
|Manage Work Order||32%||19|
|Manage Scheduling & Optimization||28%||17|
|Configure Contracts, Entitlements, and Warranties||8%||5|
The majority of the content in this exam comes from the Field Service Lightning implementation guide. Spend time actually understanding the capabilities and configuration options. I’ve broken out the sections below. One item of note, the terms used in Field Service Lightning are common field service terms, and may map to a different term in Salesforce. In FSL, the label ‘Parts’ corresponds to ‘Products’. Take the time to understand the differences in labels.
MANAGE WORK ORDER – 32%
- Apply procedural concepts to create work orders as they relate to assets, accounts, and contacts including relative entitlements
- Identify resource requirements
- Determine how to apply parts required for a work order
- Apply procedural concepts to capture necessary data to complete a work order
- Determine the attributes required to measure effective KPIs
- Assess the requirements and tools needed to execute a customer sign-off process
- Determine work order closure processes and associated follow-up tasks
MANAGE SCHEDULING & OPTIMIZATION – 28%
- Identify how to setup technicians or equipment assigned to schedule a work order
- Recommend how to implement 3rd party resources
- Given client requirements, determine the life cycle of a service appointment required to execute a work order
- Define the Schedule Policies to achieve the business outcomes
- Apply procedural concepts to manage dispatch including multiple scheduling scenarios based on business requirements
CONFIGURE MOBILITY – 17%
- Determine when to apply quick actions
- Determine how to configure Field Service app to support key business processes
- Distinguish between Field Service Mobile and Salesforce mobile app capabilities
- Apply procedural concepts to complete service appointments in the mobile environment
CONFIGURE CONTRACTS, ENTITLEMENTS, AND WARRANTIES – 8%
- Apply procedural concepts to setup entitlement process for work order object
- Given a scenario, evaluate options to upsell or add needed entitlements
- Recommend and apply entitlements model to customer scenarios
MANAGE CASE – 7%
- Troubleshoot, escalate, and resolve cases based on field service scenarios
- Determine how to build work order processes, parameters, and templates
MANAGE ASSETS – 5%
- Apply procedural concepts to maintain and update bill of materials (BoM)
- Determine how to manage and track asset installation, movement, and/or decommission
MANAGE INVENTORY – 3%
- Given business requirements, determine price book model in relation to products
- Given business requirements, determine principles to support applicable inventory model
Ready for the Exam?
Book your exam now, even before you start studying. There’s no better way to drive you to study than booking your exam.
For this exam, you really just need to read through the documentation and understand what the platform can do, and what configuration is required for the common use cases.. If you have questions during your exam preparation, please feel free to reach out. I’ll do my best to respond with some help and guidance.