The Salesforce Architect exams each come with a resource guide, which includes helpful links for each section of the exam. I have found those incredibly useful in my study. Resource guides don’t currently exist for the standard exams, so I have compiled content into a series of resource guides. This is the Salesforce CPQ Specialist resource guide.
The Salesforce CPQ Specialist certification focuses on your knowledge of the Salesforce CPQ platform (formerly known as SteelBrick), it’s object model, capabilities, and administration of key features. The scope of this exam is narrow, but you are expected to have a lot of best practice knowledge.
Understanding the Tests
As I mentioned in a previous post, understanding the intention and structure of the exams is key to passing. Salesforce provides a study guide for every certification test. In those guides, they provide a breakdown of the different sections and their relative weight. Take note of those while studying.
|Topic||Weighting||# of Questions|
|Pricing and Discounts||39%||23|
|Products and Bundles||32%||19|
Spend time actually understanding the capabilities and configuration options of the CPQ platform. Like Marketing Cloud, this exam is very difficult to pass without working knowledge of the platform. Plus CPQ skills are in high demand, so this is a valuable skillset to have in your resume.
PRICING AND DISCOUNTS – 39%
- Given a customer’s pricing model for a product, determine the appropriate pricing method.
- Given a price waterfall, set up price rules that will meet customer needs.
- Given a customer’s tiered pricing model, determine the appropriate characteristics of volume-based or term-based discount schedules.
- Given a customer’s products, ramping, and escalator requirements, create appropriate price dimensions.
- Given unexpected calculated prices, determine investigation paths that will produce accurate pricing.
- Given a customer-specific pricing requirement, configure correct contracted prices.
PRODUCTS AND BUNDLES – 32%
- Given a customer product catalog, set up the appropriate product bundle to meet customer needs.
- Given a customer product catalog, set up option constraints that ensures a technically viable configuration of the bundle.
- Given a customer’s business logic, create applicable product rules that ensures a technically viable configuration of a bundle.
- Given a customer product catalog, identify configuration attributes that can manipulate options while ensuring a technically valid configuration.
- Given a customer product catalog, recommend the appropriate type of product bundle that meets customer needs.
- Given a customer requirement, setup products to dynamically generate product code and description.
- Given details about a customer’s business, set up all necessary assets or subscription products.
- Given a customer’s selling process, configure guided selling to suggest applicable products.
- Given a customer requirement, identify and setup applicable search filters to narrow large product catalogs.
QUOTE TEMPLATES – 15%
- Given desired output requirements, create an accurate quote template based on design specifications and business rules determined by the customer.
- Given an unexpected result in the rendering of the document output, identify investigation paths to resolve issues.
- Given desired output requirements, set up appropriate quote terms and template sections to accurately produce terms in a generated document.
- Given desired output requirements, set up template sections to accurately produce in a generated document.
- Given desired output requirements, set up line item sections and Line Columns to accurately produce the items in a generated document.
CPQ PLATFORM – 15%
- Given an unexpected result in the CPQ data flow, determine investigations paths that will resolve the issue.
- Given a set of business requirements, adjust the User Interface to display the appropriate data.
- Given a set of business requirements, adjust permissions to ensure appropriate data security.
- Given a finalized quote, accurately predict the outcome of the contracting process.
- Given an unexpected result in the amendment / renewal data flow, determine investigations paths that will resolve the issue.
- Given a set of translated values, use the appropriate localization mechanism to ensure translated user interfaces and outputs.
Ready for the Exam?
Book your exam now, even before you start studying. There’s no better way to drive you to study than booking your exam.
For the Salesforce CPQ Specialist exam, you really need to understand what the platform can do, what it can’t do, and what configuration is required for the common use cases. If you are interested in a larger workbook, Simplus has a free CPQ Specialist study guide with practice scenarios and information. You can download it for free.
If you have questions during your exam preparation, please feel free to reach out. I’ll do my best to respond with some help and guidance.